Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Da-dee?

Dad is away at a conference in lovely California this week. But as far as H is concerned, Dad is spending the week riding around in an airplane either that or he's camping out in the airport. H is missing him terribly regardless of where he is. H frequently inquires (sometimes politely and other times at large decibels) 'Go Airport pease!' or if this is met with a gentle response of 'Dad will be home soon' he increases to 'Go airport Da-dee Henny NOW!' translates to 'I am not fooling around here woman! I want to go get Dad from the airport this instant.' Hmm. This is usually met with a raised eyebrow on my part, but a complete understanding of how much H misses his dad.

This morning, H told me 'We loue Da-dee' As there wasn't much context to go with (he had just finished demanding tea for breakfast) so I was confused. But then I got it, he was saying, 'We love Daddy' and yes, truer words were never uttered (or muttered) by the boy. We do love you Daddy, and we expect to pick you up from the airport (as soon as you get off that crazy airplane ride you've been on for the past 5 days) very soon.

No comments: