Sunday, March 4, 2007

Dad Knows

I decided to attempt a little blog of the boy and the babies so that you can all keep up with how quickly they are changing and growing. Knowing how busy it gets around here, I may not be able to keep up myself, but I hope to post regularly with pictures and anecdotes.

H is starting to learn that some words sound alike but have different meanings, uh, there's a technical term for this I believe it's homophone. Anyway, H is sitting on Dad's lap at the dining room table this morning. "Out?!" he says with equal parts indignation and interrogation. "Yes" I assure him, "Daddy knows you want to go out." He immediately starts jabbing at his face with his pointer finger. Dad laughs hysterically. "You're right," he tells him, "that's H's nose and this is Daddy's nose." I didn't understand as quickly as Dad did, but apparently, H confused knows with nose... well at least we know he's listening.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

JGM said...

That's funny!

Great to have a blog to keep up with you guys!

Love,

Uncle Jon

Jamie H-M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie H-M said...

The nose knows. Homophones sound alike.

P.